Frontier Engagement

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Frontier Engagement

Modern Nation Building Game

3 posters

General Messages To Users

BALLINMONK
    BALLINMONK
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

General Messages To Users - Page 2 Empty Re: General Messages To Users

Post  BALLINMONK Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:12 pm

Well you see, oh and I know your gonna like this. Kyle and I had this idea for a game, The United states has just collapsed and now we will control individual states that will seek to re unite the country. The game will be more resource based as well as culture, Oh and much smaller scale. Their are more details but I'm sure your gonna say "FUCK THIS". I agree that it sucks to start over but then again the prospect of this new game seems rather cool and would make for interesting talk around the office if you get my drift ^_^. Please consider this Sam. My gut tells me this will be far more entertaining than having to fight ww3 in this current game.
    BERGUTTI
    BERGUTTI
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post  BERGUTTI Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:34 pm

BALLINMONK wrote:Well you see, oh and I know your gonna like this. Kyle and I had this idea for a game, The United states has just collapsed and now we will control individual states that will seek to re unite the country. The game will be more resource based as well as culture, Oh and much smaller scale. Their are more details but I'm sure your gonna say "FUCK THIS". I agree that it sucks to start over but then again the prospect of this new game seems rather cool and would make for interesting talk around the office if you get my drift ^_^. Please consider this Sam. My gut tells me this will be far more entertaining than having to fight ww3 in this current game.
    I need not list the examples of ALL the games weve failed to finish, Im fucking tired of this, it wont be any different with the new one. IF we go into this then I beg of kyle to design a game THAT CAN BE FINISHED. You notice how all of our games have no set victory conditions, to win you'd have to conquer every piece of land, that would take around five or so years at our pace in this game... So lets actually make something that I wont still be playing when Im 30.
    BALLINMONK
    BALLINMONK
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  BALLINMONK Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:26 pm

Well it will be quite possible to win this game, Where using states as control point since it's all in N. America. I think we will have a finish in this one Sam. It's much smaller.
    BERGUTTI
    BERGUTTI
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post  BERGUTTI Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:45 pm

BALLINMONK wrote:Well it will be quite possible to win this game, Where using states as control point since it's all in N. America. I think we will have a finish in this one Sam. It's much smaller.
    Yes but even that size can be daunting if certain things are not dealt with quickly. We must make the system more effecient on both ends yet I dont have ideas on how to do this. When kyle is inactive everything dies of course and even when we are the game loses a equilibrium where actions by one side is not taken, our biggest problem is the dependence on a moderator for all of our actions. We could possible organize something where I could moderate battles for you and Kyle does mine, or some similair combination to relieve the burden and this could apply for other aspects of the game.
    BALLINMONK
    BALLINMONK
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  BALLINMONK Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:24 pm

Strangely I have thought about your idea before, the problem that makes me want to say no is the fact that favoritism could effect the game under this. I mean I know we are all honest hear but this means we would also have to revile top secret info for some threads that we would rather keep hush hush. Also Sam this new game would be crazy due to the fact that resources would be involved and your starting location will determine the kind of military you have. I agree though that we need to find a way to make the system work better though.
    Ruski
    Ruski
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ruski Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:19 am

I will begin work on looking into the current system and manipulating/creating a new system for the proposed smaller game. It is imperative that you both input ideas, concepts, sizes, buildings, everything you can think of that is beneficial to the game that is being made. I will create a thread where this can go so go ahead and post things such as that in there. Visuals for proposed things are great as well.

Keep in mind that all other talk other than that for the proposed game will remain in here.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:49 am