Frontier Engagement

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Frontier Engagement

Modern Nation Building Game

General Rules, Information, and Game Concepts

Ruski
    Ruski
    Admin
    Admin

General Rules, Information, and Game Concepts Empty General Rules, Information, and Game Concepts

Post  Ruski Wed May 25, 2011 5:25 pm

General Rules & Information

All actions are to be sent via private message (PM) to the Game Master.

*Events may occur at any time, to any faction. Below are listed the types that occur:
    Natural disasters: Natural disasters encompass a wide range from earthquakes to sandstorms, we’ve got them all. They can be disastrous for you if they hit you critically enough.
    Riots: Too many riots and your nation may fall into rebellion. Riots may destroy infrastructure.
    **Arising of a new political faction: This can lead to some interesting things.
    Terrorist Attacks: Like Oklahoma City or Airport shootings and the like. Can cause wars to start.
    Resource discovery: This can add a bonus to your nation, such as an instant PP surge, or reduced time for certain things, etc.
    Celebrations: Parades, fairs, festivals, concerts, these things can bring PP and make people happy.
    Potential Character: Occasionally, a new character may appear and offer his/her services to a player nation. Sometimes this opportunity will come with a cost.
    This concludes the events.

More things that I haven't thought of. Please, when this happens to you, you add it to the appropriate section.

Starting Stat Points: The different stats affect different starting settings. Military affects starting army morale and army strength. Economy affects starting economy points and some starting buildings.

Economy Points: Low economy points hurts population happiness and production. High economy points boost population happiness and production.

Research: To research technology, just PM me what technology you want, and if you have the prerequisites, I will tell you how long it will take until it is completed. If you want to research something that is not on the technology list (such as something you thought up), describe it and its effect. If I deem it reasonable, I will allow it. Don’t forget to list technology in your nation thread.

Constructing Infrastructure: To construct infrastructure, just PM me what infrastructure you want, and if you have the prerequisites, I will tell you how long it will take until it is completed. Don’t forget to list infrastructure and its bonuses/effects in your nation thread.

Producing Military: To produce military units or soldiers, just PM me what military you want, and if you have the prerequisites, I will tell you how long it will take until it is completed. Don’t forget to list your military in your nation thread. It is up to you to edit this accurately, and not make up false numbers.

Reconnaissance: Before any invasion, it would be wise to do reconnaissance. Reconnaissance will give you intelligence on the enemy, listing estimates on their positions, regiments and their numbers. Reconnaissance is not fail-proof; sometimes you will receive false or partial reports of enemy position and strength.

Invasions: When you want to invade another nation, you PM a moderator your action for doing this. Wait patiently, while the moderator sets up your battle (if there is one).
    When you PM me your actions, remember to make sure you include everything you want. For instance, if you are invading a territory, be sure to name the regiments and list the amounts of troops in them, and if you want a character to accompany them, then you must make that clear.
    When you want to invade a territory, you PM me the number of the territory and where it is, example: "Invade Region 07 North America" Also, you must tell me in the PM, with which regiments you are attacking with.
    Example: “Invade Region 07 North America with the following:
    1st Armored BAMFs Regiment
    200 Heavy Tanks
    200 Light Tanks

Razak’s Roughnecks
    100 Mobile Infantry

34th Air Cavalry
    10 Artillery Platforms
    40 Attack Helicopters”

Battles: Commanding your troops is as simple as posting what you want them to do, anything from “the entire army advances while firing,” to giving commands to each individual regiment is fine, just be sure to be clear (I might ask for clarification), or my confusion might be transferred to your officers.
    In a battle, be as specific as you like. You receive positive modifiers on your actions by using effective tactics, or having contingency plans.
    In player vs player combat, the players will send in their actions to me via PM (NOT POSTING IN THE THREAD), so they don’t know what the other is doing, I then act it out, and you both PM your second actions and so on, until someone wins or withdraws.

Casualties: When you lose soldiers in a war, be sure to subtract the numbers from your total. It’s organized so you know how many troops you lost out of which regiments, so please be honest. I’ll be checking your threads every so often to double-check. Failure to properly report army strength may result in disciplinary action (negative in-game events or restriction of activity/termination from game).

Prisoners and Occupation: After a battle, the enemy that surrendered to you are yours to do what you want with. You can execute them, sell them back, release them, let them garrison the province you took from them under your name, or integrate them into your army. Allowing captured people to use weapons sometimes can lead to rebellions or low morale. Occupied populations may sometimes have low happiness (which might lower your population happiness).

Military Bookkeeping: You must keep a list of the strength of all your armies and units in your nation thread at all times; no hiding secret armies. You do not have to list the location of those armies in public, but I still need to know where they are.

Military Supplies: There are supply lines in this game. The further an army is away from a friendly port or territory, the faster it will lose morale.

Strategic Weapons: Many weapons can be used as strategic weapons. Everything from long-range artillery, to bombers, to nuclear missiles can be used to target the infrastructure or population of another nation rather than engaging the military in combat. Strategic Weapons work differently than battles in that they don’t have an invasion; it’s just the nation’s defenses (such as AA) against whatever strategic weapons were used.

Starvation: If your economy completely collapses or is destroyed by war, your population may begin to starve. This also applies if your army is cut off from supplies. During starvation, population or troop levels drop, and happiness or morale drops as well.

Economic Trouble: If your nation takes a significant loss in economy, it will start to decline economically. This entails your nation's daily pp being cut and needing to save money for bailout; this is a recession. Your nation's daily pp is cut significantly, and a lot of money is needed for restabilization; this is economic collapse. Other nation's are effected in some way by this. Other nation's can be asked to help to bailout, but be warned: you are obligated to pay them back at some point.

Rebellion: If reactions to laws are bad or your economy is doing bad or your nation suffers too many riots, it may enter a state of rebellion. During a rebellion, some of your soldiers may begin fighting you, other nations can fund insurgencies, and territories may break off entirely. To end a rebellion, institute new laws, repeal old laws, restore your economy, defeat the rebels, and/or restore order using martial law, depending on what type of rebellion is under way.

Assassination: Players may attempt to assassinate other players’ characters. High-profile characters are harder to kill than lower ranking characters. Assassination attempts have a chance of being discovered, both upon success or failure. This means the target nation might find out who ordered the attempt.

Diplomacy: Diplomacy is conducted between conversations with two players. The players can choose the course of the diplomatic talks. This can be done through the diplomacy threads. Diplomats travel instantly. Please refrain from diverging information or forging alliances outside of the correct threads.

Trade: You may form trade agreements with other players and with NPCs. Trade agreements make your economy stronger, which can increase population happiness and/or army morale. The number of active trade routes directly increases economy. Trade comes with risk though. If you are trading with a nation that suddenly goes into recession or collapse, you will be hit hard as well.
    (Active Trade Routes)/1 = Economic Bonus of 2

Annexation: Annexation of other players’ lands is possible. The player can choose to give the annexed area to the other player, or dispute their annexation claims. This can lead to war, if either nation is irritable. This feature can also be used to trade/give territories. You may attempt to annex territory either from other players, or from NPCs during NPC diplomacy.

Vassalage: If a player nation is losing a war to another player nation, they can either offer vassalage, or accept a demand of vassalage given to them by the attackers. Vassalage leaves the player under the complete control of the nation they pledged themselves as vassals to. If you are under vassalage, you are obliged to do whatever the other nation wants you to do. Failure to do so, will result in an outbreak of war. You can declare independence at any point, however. Vassal nations have a significantly reduced capacity to produce military infrastructure and units unless their master nation tells them to do so. Vassal nations have a higher risk of rebellion than other nations.

NPC nations have motivations too. Some of them may be aggressive and attack you when they sense weakness, or when ordered to do so by another player nation or the World Union. NPC nations can form alliances with each other, and also with player nations.

Alliances: Player nations allied with each other have several advantages. They may trade/give technology, military units, economic aid, and military support. Players choose any type of they want terms of their alliances with players.

Alliances between players and NPCs can take three forms: full military, defensive military and economic. In a full military alliance, each side is expected to join together in all wars. In a defensive military alliance, each side is expected to join together in wars not started by the warring nation. In an economic alliance, both sides send lend economic aid in hard times, the player has the option of trading technology with the NPC, and they have a free trade agreement. (A guarantee is basically a military alliance)

Leagues: A league is when multiple countries wish to form an alliance together. Leagues are just like alliances but with more than two countries in them. (NATO in an example of a league restricted to military concerns.)

World Union (Triple U): The World Union will assign missions for nations to undertake. These can range from invasions to peacekeeping to economic-aid or development. Completing tasks for the World Union will increase its respect for you. Powerful nations, and nations with high respect can suggest courses of action for the World Union to take. Many NPC nations will be members of the World Union, so it may or may not be beneficial to pay it heed.

Diplomacy with NPC Nations: Players may conduct diplomacy with NPC Nations via PMs with the game master. During diplomacy, players may suggest courses of action for the NPC to take (such as war), forge alliances, negotiate trade agreements, demand vassalage from the NPC, or even offer/demand that the NPC integrate (give all territory) with the player nation. The more persuasive the player’s argument via PM, and the more powerful/trustworthy the player has proven their nation to be, the better their chances of succeeding in NPC diplomacy.

Additional New Rules:
    Classified Projects: You may have a classified project or weapon. I HAVE TO know what it actually does so you MUST tell me what it does. Gotta say something about it in your nation thread, even if it's just a misleading description. Remember, classified stuff and hidden uses doesn't mean secret armies. This rule basically simulates keeping inspectors away from your factories.

Laws: These can be made to do what ever. However, using logic and roll, it will be determined what happens as a result. However, only two rules can be made a day, and only one can be repealed a day. Laws are needed to prevent certain things from happening, possibly increasing your nation's effectiveness in some ways, etc.
    **Political Parties: These can arise to represent different sides, suggest their own laws/actions to your nation, etc. Your nation must have a single default party that you have made.

Governments: Your type determines how your nation behaves. Your type can change depending on laws, reforms, etc. Democracy is not always the best.

If something doesn’t seem to make sense, ask me about it. I’ll probably fix the problem or provide clarification.

If you think the game should have another concept/feature, or else maybe needs something changed, you can make a suggestion.

Taxes: These can be set through law. However, for simplicity's sake, you can only tax the following groups with the amount of PP they can provide through tax (a percentage out of 100% applies) -

• Lower Class (10) - These are the poor people of your country. They make little money, unfortunately.
    • Middle Class (100) - These people make a decent wage and have families.
    • Upper Class (500) - These people are rich and wealthy. They typically own businesses, corporations, law firms, etc.

Tax revenue comes in every Sunday at 12 PM Noon.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:06 am