Frontier Engagement

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Frontier Engagement

Modern Nation Building Game

3 posters

Operation: America

Ruski
    Ruski
    Admin
    Admin

Operation: America Empty Operation: America

Post  Ruski Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:22 am

Thread for the ideas, concepts, systems, etc. for the new game.

Last edited by Ruski on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BALLINMONK
    BALLINMONK
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Operation: America Empty Re: Operation: America

Post  BALLINMONK Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:49 am

Buildings should have an impact based on resources in the area, for example if you have a mineral extraction building in West Virginia then it should cause a pp bonus.

also Building ideas

Oil rig((land or sea))
    War plant: Needed to produce war materials
    Water Purification plant
    Central bank/mint's
    BERGUTTI
    BERGUTTI
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post  BERGUTTI Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:07 pm

BALLINMONK wrote:Buildings should have an impact based on resources in the area, for example if you have a mineral extraction building in West Virginia then it should cause a pp bonus.

also Building ideas

Oil rig((land or sea))
    War plant: Needed to produce war materials
    Water Purification plant
    Central bank/mint's

Ill expand on your Idea Cameron, Lets say for example that you control region NEA16 which has a mineral abundance of 0/3 and no mineral extractors. When a mineral extractor is established it will produce 1PP(1/3) out of the possible 3PP(The maximum number is set for each region and varies.) each subsequent upgrade to the mineral extractor will make it produce more PP. The cost would increase by a factor of 1.5 to research each upgrade, 20(1/3)->30(2/3)->45(3/3). Now this can apply to every economic building and will allow some regions to specialize making for a more diverse game, this is the optimal form of the upgrade system for buildings based on the resources of the region.

Now lets say we extend not just to buildings but to armies as well, we could have tiered units that could only upgrade once(You build everything 0/X, X is the Tier), more advanced ones that would be 0/2(Tier 2), and tier 3 which I think should be the absolute limit. Cost would be Base*1.5 and TierX*1.5 for each subsequent upgrade. Each tier is better training, armor, and weapons for the specified unit and you'd have to do this individually of course.

I like this Idea as we can get a strong economy and army quickly, this is a step towards a faster game I suppose.
    BALLINMONK
    BALLINMONK
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  BALLINMONK Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:12 pm

Well Sam one idea i did discuss with Kyle that he was in favor of is having your starting location play a major factor in what kind of units, resources and tech you will have. Say for example you start in North Carolina and it has like 4 army bases and 1 air base, you will have that kind of tech and equipment to use. I think we also had the idea of each nation having it's own currency which could be factor based on what you back your currency with.
    BERGUTTI
    BERGUTTI
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post  BERGUTTI Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:55 pm

We need to have culture play a bigger part in this game, it could have a larger effect than just on civilian happiness. Say if a player had a very pervasive culture it could spread quickly throughout regions and allow them to be easily assimilated. It should also be a starting attribute like in the Original IN, that way we could have to choice of having a different route to go other than economy/military.
    Ruski
    Ruski
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ruski Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:05 pm

BERGUTTI wrote:We need to have culture play a bigger part in this game, it could have a larger effect than just on civilian happiness. Say if a player had a very pervasive culture it could spread quickly throughout regions and allow them to be easily assimilated. It should also be a starting attribute like in the Original IN, that way we could have to choice of having a different route to go other than economy/military.

That's a very good idea and I believe this should be implemented as a core function for the game.
    BERGUTTI
    BERGUTTI
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post  BERGUTTI Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:24 pm

I still think we should have a different mods for battles so we can get through them faster. Battles doesnt require a sense of where the overall story is going so it can be done other people than you kyle. All the mod would have to do is give the initial scenario(Which could be determined by kyle) and adjust the scenario based on how well the players strategy is and the skill of the enemy forces. It could be done to a way where I could handle Cameron's battles and Kyle could handle mine which would alleviate you of work Kyle.
    BALLINMONK
    BALLINMONK
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  BALLINMONK Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:23 am

Alright since Kyle has asked these are my ideas to put culture into this current game. I think a temp lent should be made based on these things,this could be done with buildings etc. These could also include a pp bonus.
    Some culture ideas now

Food your people eat
    Music
    Political views// laws
    Tax rate of your people// wealth
    Status of the economy
    Opinion on foreign affairs// domestic
    Employment rate

Just rough ideas
    BERGUTTI
    BERGUTTI
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post  BERGUTTI Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:03 pm

BALLINMONK wrote:Alright since Kyle has asked these are my ideas to put culture into this current game. I think a temp lent should be made based on these things,this could be done with buildings etc. These could also include a pp bonus.
    Some culture ideas now

Food your people eat
    Music
    Political views// laws
    Tax rate of your people// wealth
    Status of the economy
    Opinion on foreign affairs// domestic
    Employment rate

Just rough ideas
    Besides the easily answered questions Kyle might have to determine a few of them such as "Status of the Economy, Employment Rate, Political Views". Also by political do you mean the governments view or the countries as a whole. We should also make a culture building list like this one here

Happiness/Morale Boost: (In general, provide +5% happiness/morale)
    (20)Recreation Park – increases population happiness
    (20)Historical Site – increases population happiness
    (20)Religion Center – increases population happiness
    (20)Museum- Increases population happiness
    (20)Barracks – increases army morale
    (20)Monument – increases army morale
    (20)Memorial – increases army morale
    The Captain of the Basketball Team(Statue)- Increases Alien forces morale.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:27 pm